Statement of Faith
by Ashley Day
1. In the verbal, plenary inspiration and authority of the Bible and that this divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of the writings.
See: 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Corinthians 2:13
2. That the Godhead exists eternally in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - and that these distinct persons are one God in being, essence and power.
See: Matthew 28:19; Mark 12:29; Hebrews 1:1-3; John 1:14
3. That God is the creator of all things, visible and invisible.
See: Genesis 1:3-2:25; Isaiah 45:18; Ephesians 3:9; Revelation 4:11
4. In the virgin birth of Christ; that He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and became the incarnate Son of God, Immanuel, meaning "God with us". See: Matthew 1:23; Luke 2:11; John 1:14; Galatians 4:4-5
5. In the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit and His indwelling presence within every true believer. See: John 14:16-17; 1 Corinthians 6:19
6. In the reality and personality of angelic beings -including the great enemy of God and man, Satan. See: Jude 6; 2 Peter 2:4; Revelation 7:11; Hebrews 1:13-14
7. That man was created originally in the image of God and that he fell through sin. We believe that judgment awaits all men; that the saved will appear before the mercy seat of Christ for the testing of their works and that the unsaved will appear before the Great White Throne of judgement, where eternal condemnation awaits those who reject Jesus Christ as Savior. See: Romans 3:10-19, 23; 6:23; 1 Corinthians 3:11-15; John 3:16-18; Revelation 20:11-15
8. That God has provided for the salvation of man by the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ; that we are justified through faith in Christ and that the resulting salvation is solely through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, not by the works of man.
See: John 3:16; Romans 5:1; 10:9-10; 10:17; Ephesians 2:8-10
9. That all true believers are members of the family of God. See: Romans 8:14-17
10. In the physical resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and His glorified bodily presence at the right hand of God, as our only great high priest and advocate. See: Hebrews 7:25-27; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; 15:20; John 11:25-26
11. In the imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to receive true believers to Himself. See: Revelation 22:20; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Titus 2:13-14
12. In the subsequent, visible and pre-millennial return of Christ with His church to establish His worldwide kingdom on the earth.
See: Acts 15:16-17; Revelation 19:11-16; Matthew 24:15-25
13. In the physical resurrection of all men, each in his own order.
See: I Corinthians 15:35-52; Job 19:26; Revelation 20:4-6
14. That the Great Commission is the primary mission of the church: that the Gospel of the grace of God is to be preached to all the world; that Jesus died for the sins of the world and that believers must tell a lost and dying generation this good news.
See: Matthew 28:18-19; Mark 16:15; John 17:18; 2 Corinthians 5:18-20