Seed-Time Ministries is headed by a board of directors, which meets quarterly to direct the work. Bradley Rowe edits and produces all of the radio programs, and his wife, Nicola (Day) Rowe, our secretary, organizes the work and keeps everyone on schedule. The Bible studies are edited versions of messages preached in the Coeur d'Alene Bible Church between 1980 and 2003. We have recently updated our equipment to a digital system, which ensures the best possible quality.
Orders for Bible studies and books, received by mail, telephone and through the internet, are processed as quickly as possible. Usually turn-around time is only a day or so but there is sometimes a delay when demand is heavy. On those occasions your patience is appreciated.
Seed-Time's teacher, Pastor Ashley Day, began his career in a school of languages in London's West End. The Lord called him into the ministry when Billy Graham first visited London in 1954. Moving down to the rural areas of Cornwall, he preached in small pastorless churches for the next few years, working in a china clay mine to earn a living.
After immigrating to the United States in 1959, the Days first served in the Milwaukee Rescue Mission and then with Village Missions, where they pastored several churches in Oregon.
In 1973, Pastor Day became Chaplain at Stonecroft, the headquarters of the mission in Kansas City, MO. The radio ministry was operated from that location and its first overseas broadcast began from HCJB in Quito, Ecuador.
In 1975, Pastor Day and his wife, Edna, were called back to England, to minister at the Brookdale Evangelical Church in Ilfracombe, Devon. During those years, Seed-Time was transferred to Bakersfield, California and voluntarily operated by John and Lillian Penner, under whose leadership the ministry continued to grow. Bible studies were recorded in England and mailed to Bakersfield, where they were duplicated and distributed widely by the Penners.
In October 1980, Pastor and Mrs Day returned to the United States to pastor the Coeur d'Alene Bible Church, in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Seed-Time Ministries was returned to the Days and became an official ministry of the church, supported by the congregation as a missions outreach. Pastor Day served as Senior Pastor until September, 2003, when, upon his retirement from the full-time ministry, he became Pastor Emeritus. He continues to direct Seed-Time Ministries. The Days have five children.
1. In the verbal, plenary inspiration and authority of the Bible and that this divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of the writings (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Corinthians 2:13).
2. That the Godhead exists eternally in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - and that these distinct persons are one God in being, essence and power (Matthew 28:19; Mark 12:29; Hebrews 1:1-3; John 1:14).
3. That God is the creator of all things, visible and invisible. (Genesis 1:3-2:25; Isaiah 45:18; Ephesians 3:9; Revelation 4:11).
4. In the virgin birth of Christ, that He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and became the incarnate Son of God, Immanuel, meaning ³God with us² (Matthew 1:23; Luke 2:11; John 1:14; Galatians 4:4-5).
5. In the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit and His indwelling presence within every true believer (John 14:16-17; 1 Corinthians 6:19).
6. In the reality and personality of angelic beings , including the great enemy of God and man, Satan (Jude 6; 2 Peter 2:4; Revelation 7:11; Hebrews 1:13-141).
7. That man was created originally in the image of God and that he fell through sin. We believe that judgment awaits all men; that the saved will appear before the mercy seat of Christ for the testing of their works and that the unsaved will appear befor e the Great White Throne of judgement, where eternal condemnation awaits those who reject Jesus Christ as Savior (Romans 3:10-19, 23; 6:23; 1 Corinthians 3:11-15; John 3:16-18; Revelation 20:11-15).
8. That God has provided for the salvation of man by the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ; that we are justified through faith in Christ and that the resulting salvation is solely through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, not by the works of man. (John 3:16; Romans 5:1; 10:9-10; 10:17; Ephesians 2:8-10).
9. That all true believers are members of the family of God (Romans 8:14-17).
10. In the physical resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and His glorified bodily presence at the right hand of God as our only great high priest and advocate (Hebrews 7:25-27; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; 15:20; John 11:25-26).
11. In the imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to receive true believers to Himself (Revelation 22:20; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Titus 2:13-14).
12. In the subsequent, visible and pre-millennial return of Christ with His church to establish His worldwide kingdom on the earth (Acts 15:16-17; Revelation 19:11-16; Matthew 24:15-25).
13. In the physical resurrection of all men, each in his own order (1 Corinthians 15:35-52; Job 19:26; Revelation 20:4-6).
14. That the Great Commission is the primary mission of the church; that the Gospel of the grace of God is to be preached to all the world; that Jesus died for the sins of the world, and that believers must tell a lost and dying generation this good news (Matthew 28:18-19; Mark 16:15; John 17:18; 2 Corinthians 5:18-20;).