I & II Thessalonians
When taken chronologically, I & II Thessalonians are thought to be the first of Paul's Epistles. The theme of Christ's return, and rapture of those whose hearts are His, is surrounded by passages of perspective, preparation, anticipation, admonition and commendation. They provide much needed encouragement for those who have fear or uncertainty regarding the future. The "day of the Lord" is a separate sequence of events and follows the rapture of the Church. Our study follows in the vein of Paul's informal prose and looks at the key passages of both letters.
Click on the audio bars below to access each message.
1) Introduction: I Thessalonians 1-2
2) Becoming Established in the Faith: I Thessalonians 3:1-13; 4:1-8
3) The Rapture of Believers: I Thessalonians 4:13-18
4) The Darkness Closes In: I Thessalonians 5:1-13
5) How Then Should We Live? I Thessalonians 5:14-28
6) Calming Fears and Correcting Doctrine: II Thessalonians 1:1-12
7) The Unleashing of Evil: II Thessalonians 2:3-17
8) Conclusion: II Thessalonians 3:1-18